Tuesday, November 17, 2015

SItecore 8 - Solve 'The model item passed into the dictionary is of type 'Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.RenderingModel' error

When I work with Sitecore, I build Sitecore link databases to avoid some errors causing in our environment. But after building the core, master and web database links using the Sitecore Launchpad --> Control Panel --> Rebuild link databases I got the following error when I try to log in to the Sitecore back-end.

The model item passed into the dictionary is of type 'Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.RenderingModel', but this dictionary requires a model item of type 'Sitecore.ExperienceAnalytics.Client.Mvc.Presentation.ExperienceAnalyticsLineChartViewModel'.

The reason for this issue is Sitecore does not clear the cache after it builds the link databases.
To solve this issue, do the following steps:
1. Login to the http://{your website}/sitecore/admin/cache.aspx
2. 'Clear all' cache.
3. Restart the website from IIS

But this a temporary solution.
I'm experience this issue time to time.
So when this error is throwing you have to redo the above steps.

Update

I created a Sitecore support ticket sine this error getting annoying and they provide a fix with some item changes. It include item changes in the core database.
If this problem arise in your environment I think it is better to raise a Sitecore support ticket with your databases.

Until Sitecore support come with a solution...

Don't worry, you don't have to be blocked with this.
In my case this error came in the Sitecore launch pad. So I was able to bypass the launchpad when I log in to the Sitecore by using the http://{website name}/sitecore/shell url.











1 comment:

  1. Thank! It helped,Bypassed the launchpad.
    Do you have any other solution to fix it permanently?

    ReplyDelete