Environment: Sitecore 8.0 rev 150621
Sometimes you need to check when is a specific Sitecore item has been created or edited.
You don't have to worry about these things because Sitecore save these for you.
You can view item's following details:
1. Item created date.
2. User who created that item.
3. Revision of the item.
4. Last updated date of the item.
5. User who did the last update to the item.
To view the above details follow the following steps:
1. Go to the item you want.
2. Go to the 'View' section in the ribbon and make sure the 'Standard fields' check box is selected. (See image bellow)
3. Scroll down in the item's content section until you find the 'Statistics' section. Expand this and you can view the details mentioned above.